Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A'cause I wanted to


"A'cause I wanted too"......where does being 2 and that mentality get you...?
For us it was the ENT on Tuesday Night after Macy stuck a sticker up her nose. Ok let me set the situation...headed home from day care with a sticker on each hand as a reward for a great day at school...FYI....these are highly coveted items.....we pull in the drive way and Macy anounces:
"mommy, I stuck a sticker up my nose."
"WHAT"
"I stuck a sticker up my nose."
"WHY" ( really who cares why but I asked none the less)
"A'cause"
"Macy because is not a reason...." (again not the brightest response)
"A'cause I wanted to"
"ok Blow it out......blow hard...." she blows and blows and no sticker
I called the ENT, "bring her in" they say, we go, and sure enough upon examination there is the sticker.....1/4" round sticker in the very back of the nasal cavity. Apparently she really got it up in there good. ( we aim for greatness in this family) We restrain Macy and he goes to work first with some thing to open the nose....then in goes a thin tweeser thing....up too far ...he sprays a saline solution that has a numbing product in it and tries again and no good...she is SCREAMING and squirming, then on one of the final attempts she inhales it down her throat and into her tummy we assume. He got a scope and made sure it was not lodged in the nasal cavity or in her throat and called it a done operation. We paid and departed and got a sucker and passed on the stickers.
She said "its gone, he got it out, I didn't eat it. I didn't, I didn't eat it, I put it in my nose."
So all is well and I think before she puts anything up her nose she MIGHT think twice. We were out front later yesterday evening and I informed the neighbors of our adventures. Lisa said to Macy when she walked up...."Macy did you have to go to the Dr today....Did you put something up your nose"....she said "YEA"....in a pitch that said yea did that happen to you too? as if she was reading her mind....
So here is Macy showing me where the sticker went.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Macy! no way... that is the funniest story, we are dying laughing right now! love y'all!!
-cj & uncle troy :)