Friday, April 18, 2008

Reid in Soccer Mode





So here is my little soccer stud... Reid had a soccer game on Saturday and he scored 6 goals of the 9 .... he loved it, .....it cracks me up that he will score and then rest his hands in the pockets like joe cool...almost to draw attention away from himself.... anyway here he is with a goal. It is fun to see him get passionate about the game.


My kids being goofy in the car.
Macy looking oh so sweet in her picture dress.... showing me her smile.
Ok I am sure all of you have seen the email where the everything is jumbled and you can read it... if not here it is > THIS IS AMAZING! I READ STRAIGHT THROUGH.
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. See if you can read this...i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch atCmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are,the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer bein the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raedit whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and Iawlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Yes, I figured we have become accustomed to reading and can figure this out....so I pondered at what level this ability might occur since kids learn to find a part of the word they know and read out or turtle talk and go really slow. I called Dale over....my 7 year old who only began reading in the fall, and he read it...only missing Phaonmneal and Cambridge....WOW I was shocked....that is pretty cool that even a novice reader can get it. Here he is in the dog bed reading a book..

No comments: