Friday, August 07, 2009

Loss of innocence

On the train ride to NYC Dale and I sat together and he asked me randomly if the Easter bunny was real... I said it is as real as you want it to be....he said really Mom I wanna know is it you and dad.... I said what do you think....he said I think it is...and I said you are right. Then he sat and said what about Santa....I said again...it is as real as you want it to be...reply I KNEW IT! Then I threatened him with in an inch of his life to NOT tell Reid and Macy. Explaining that I told him b/c I felt he was big enough to handle the information the right way and play along. Then seeming kinda sad I explained why I said as real as you want it... that I do believe in the Christmas spirit and that is what Santa represents...giving, and joy in the season. So sort of a right of passage out of the little kid years on to big ones....

No comments: