Friday, December 04, 2009

Here there and everywhere

Macy hollerin' out a cheer

In the past month we have kept busy. Dales football team is still in the playoffs....with only 4 teams left the end is in sight. Don't get me wrong I love it but we began in July that is 6 months of fun....I am about fun-ed out. The cheerleaders I coached did awesome at competition and all our squads won first place. The older girls even were given an opportunity to perform at the Spurs halftime! So So proud of them and actually proud of me too ....it was a long season. My Cheer girls

We took in a few more UT games and my Grandma and Bepaw even came. It was lots of fun and the kids got to take a bunch of pics with cheerleaders and pom squad girls....Dales favorite.

Dale with Pom girl

Hook E'm





On the field with Bevo

We made the trek to Nebraska for Thanksgiving and honestly if there was a job Duke could do and support us there I would be all for moving. Got to visit with family I had not seen in a while and play some spoons and shuffleboard and eat more that I ever needed too. The drive was uneventful which was really nice. Duke hooked up the PlayStation to the car tv, we had ds's, ipods, portable dvd players, lots of technology driving down the road....but worth it for no major arguements. Our neighbor also loaned us an official CORN HEAD....super funny. My aunt actually had always wanted to have her picture in one and had not so a dream was full filled...thanks again Kurt. The boys went turkey hunting and found some cool bones from a calf, and turkey too! So some treasures did come home with us....yea.

kids with Great Grandma and Don
4 generation

The whole family...we most of them

We ended our trip with a stop in Dallas to visit with Troy and Carolyn and Mama Sam. We did Christmas with Troy and Carolyn and heard the news that the new cousin is a girl! It will be wonderful to have a sweet little girl cousin! Carolyn looks and feels great so all is going great!
Macy got Makeup


I finally feel like I am in the final stretch of catching up for last month and it is only the first week of the next one so that is not too bad. My laundry machine is washing away, Christmas is unpacked and out inside and outside will be as soon as I can do it and NOT freeze, shopping is pretty much done, but I have failed to get the Christmas pics taken and out so not sure what I am gonna do about that yet.

In final news I will have a 9 year old tomorrow! Wow that time flew. He is so big in so many way and so little in others. He is super smart...but can be so brain-less at times.
A couple funny stories :When driving to Nebraska we ate at Mc Donalds and he insisted " I DISGUISE MC Donalds!" really disguise?...it is in a mask b/c I think you mean despise....oh yea whatever I don't like that place.
Another funny was a kid got hurt and he asked me "mom will he have to be in a cartwheel? A cartwheel...he broke his arm I do not think he can do a cartwheel dale....no no the chair cartwheel....you mean wheelchair? Uhh yea.
And final funny was during a football game and he hollered out "that was International grounding....really dale international....as in all over the world....amazing. you know what I meant MOM!

Dale when he found out he had a PS3 to go with the PS3 game he got.
It was actually cute he got the game and acted excited as to not hurt mama Sam's feelings ...but we knew it was for the wrong system, and when we asked him he said, well we can take it back and switch it...but Mama Sam thank you so much...it is great!...She then said oh I thought I got you one...have you looked in the dryer at home? WHAT? Dale you have one at home. WHAT? YEAH! ensue jumping and dancing! Awesome love those moments.
He keeps me on my toes....but Happy Birthday Dude....your an all star!
Another interesting story we had football practice and Macy begged me to take some barbies...I advise not b/c it is dark once we are there and no real place to play with them but say it is her decision and she will be responsible for them. We go...it is frigid...we come home. Cue next morning I say get your jacket and lets go. ....sobs....My jacket I left it at practice....MY BARBIES! Where are they....sobs sobs. So I call in to work to inform them I will be late b/c I am driving to the field to see if either of the missing items are there. ....15 min drive there ..... traffic..... ticked mom....sad Macy....NO Jacket, No barbies....I then open the back of the car to find the jacket crumpled in the floor but no barbies. ...they ran away I guess...and she is still sad about it but hopefully a lesson has been learned! I threatened to sell her to some co-workers but have since changed my mind and I guess I will keep her.... and sadly I know that this is JUST the tip of the iceberg in what is to come....Lord help me

1 comment:

carolyn said...

what a great post! laughed out loud at the kids' stories and loved the pics :) so good to see you! and happy early birthday dale!!