Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Turkey Time 2010

So we had a great trip to Nebraska for Thanksgiving.  We headed out of Mcallen with tears on Friday night due to the fact that we had to leave Daddy here. FYI His choice and I tried to convince him otherwise as did my mom and to no avail he was set to not fly up on Wed night to greet folks thursday, lock himself away for the game Thursday night to drive home 22 hours on friday.... and I get it but I would have done it.  SO anyhow we went to Kerrville Friday after sitting in a parking lot that was 281.... the brainiacs that run the city decided Friday night at 430 was a good night and time to shut down 281 to 1 lane....so one hour later we made it onto a moving road and Macy announced she had to go to the bathroom.... and I said HOLD IT .... and she did until the boarder check point at which her eyes were about YELLOW and I asked the agent if there was a restroom there and he said yes but we would have to go into a cell but that a rest stop was one mile up so we made it another mile and the sweet relief was given.  Another side story was as we exited the check point they had a truck with the bed off and shopping baskets FULL of drug blocks they were extracting from the truck... so thats one for the good guys but kinda wierd they were just tossing it in a HEB basket.   So the remainder of the trip to Kerrville was easy, Saturday morning Dad and I and Reid went to get the RV and got all educated on the do's and don'ts and you kinda have to be a little savy to not screw it all up but we managed to absorb the essentials to get us through.  We then went and helped at the Kerrville Christmas Carnival thing and made Cards for Dads Rotary group.  I was slotted to help for 2 hours and we stayed for 4 b/c the kids did not want to leave they had the best time running around.  Sunday morning bright and early we rolled out of Kerrvile and made it to Austin and packed up a daycare worth of toys, and Scott and Sammy and rolled north.  We made it to Gilespie and spent the night and finished the drive on Monday.  The week was great we went to a winery as a group where I did not drink but rated all our testers drinks, the boys went hunting for phesants and came home with a ton of feathers, We also brought home a rabbit head and front legs that they cleaned for lucky rabbits feet...yea that sound like so much fun that I plan on putting off to never.  The kids loved seeing the cousins and fed them, played with them... I think Sammy got more piggie back rides than he ever has and loved them.  It was great to see all my family and catch up, and Grandma and Don who are wonderful, growing older than I would like to admit but I can only hope that I have their health, and independance when i am that age.

Grandma also paid up for all the report cards and the kids left a dent in her wallet...but i guess at least it is for a good reason 3 kids 3 sets of A's...pretty good stuff.

So we made it home just in time to unpack to repack for Disney which we leave for on Saturday.... wow  I wish I had one more week to get decorations out that might be sparse this year with my lack of time, lack of ability to find them in the 3rd bay aka the blackhole, and if I do get them out I really think my dog will celebrate daily by chewing it up...so we will see what happens in the next couple weeks.

No comments: