Tuesday, December 13, 2011

my reindeer

In decorating for christmas I realise my yard decorations are gone.... i envision a box full at good will full of all the random stuff I am missing and none of it meshes so highly unlikely but seriously where is it? so i talk to my sweet dad who cuts me logs to make reindeer like i had as a kid... i was totally stoked. I started drilling and honestly about the 4th time the drill spun out of my hand I thought ... maybe i am in over my head but pressed on and did it... drilled them all, chiseled the necks and legs to fit... took 2 days but i am pretty happy with how they turned out and have gotten numerous compliments on them too. So we are in the process of a sled but the rain has slowed that process a bit... I have the wood and have the rutters but need to finish the sides and center supports.... I also wanted to do the lights on the house but Duke mandated he be home when I do it ... and the 1st weekend of dec was dales party, this one was raining, and this next one we have parties and kinda silly to go to all that work for one week... so porch lights are it for this year. but inside is done with 2 trees and is pretty festive.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: