Saturday, May 24, 2008

OWIE

So Thursday began like normal, went to work and did not do my normal job of computers...the director needed some stuff done to the playground....so I did that and got REALLY dirty as it involved being on my hands and knees in the rubber mulch cutting up the weed stop that was pulling up and is a tripping hazard for the kiddos. Ok 3.5 hours of using a raw razor blade with no case...SOOOO unsafe right...but no incident was had and the job was done....I cleaned up the mess, came home and cleaned up me and returned to assist in prepping the food for the teacher appreciation lunch. I open the olives for the salad and then drain them and then pull off the lid....and slice open my thumb. After an hour of bleeding through everythingI wrapped around my hand, I decided ok maybe I need to see a Dr. , went to the Urgent Care Clinic around the corner and ended up needing 7 stitches, and a tetanus shot. They would not buy my story that the can of olives was sanitized.....so now it feels like someone frogged me in my arm from the shot and I keep hitting my thumb on stuff and that smarts pretty good....but the most painful part was the pain killer shot into the gash....the Dr is lucky I did not frog her in the face b/c YIKES that was awful and I also cut a superficial artery which is why I bled like a crazy. But at least I can now get it wet so I can cook and bathe.

Reid had his last soccer game today and he made me so proud he was trying so hard to set up his teammates who had not scored this season to score....we had a conversation after his party when he asked how many points everyone had scored ....when he realized that alot of kids had not scored any we decided it might be nice to help them score and feel how great that feels. So he did just that, he would get the ball to the goal and block it as long as possible until a teammate came up and give them the shot to score....he did do his share of goals with like 5 or 6 but helped all the others but 1 score and with teammate he tried and tried but that kiddo is our youngest and slowest and so sweet but a soccer prodigy ... probally not. He was an AWESOME team player today. He showed such restraint in letting his teammates have the ball and play and only defend in the last moment and knock the ball back to the other side of the field and again let his teammates play. Way to go SHARKS!

Another funny thing was said the other night before Duke went to go run. Macy asked him why he goes running. Duke said to be healthy and I want to see you and your brothers grow up and see you get married and give you away. So he leaves and runs...a couple nights later he goes to run and Macy busts out in tears and is screaming I do not want daddy to run, stay here, stay PLEASE. I say he will be back soon. So I begin to put her to bed with tears and ask why she does not want him to run...and she says, because I do not want him to give me away, I want to stay here. So with a huge hug and tons of reassurance that we would NEVER give her away, and did my best to clear up the miscommunication up, told Duke when he got home and he felt so bad he went and stayed with her, and hugged her till she was well asleep to make sure she knew how much he loves her and would never give her away.

No comments: