Saturday, October 11, 2008

You Win..and You Win...And You TOO!

Friday Dale and Reid had Bike Rodeo at their school. We went and practiced for 20 mins on Thursday afternoon before Football as per Reids request and it paid off. Reid won 2nd place for his grade, he is a very good bike rider but would rather do jumps, wheelies, and stunts rather than ride a circle and weave cones, none the less Friday he did the less "FUN" drills with ease and perfection. I think he got second rather than first b/c there is a drill where you ride AS SLOW AS YOU CAN thru 2 lines...he did it in 15 seconds, and the winner did it in 28...they want it to take 30...but "riding slow is boring"...and Dale did great as well, but tapped one cone on the weave thru the cones drill, did his slow ride in 27 seconds however his grade had about 85-90 participants so there was LOTS of competition. All in all they both had a great time and had fun.






Reid being so tollerant and loving to Macy....she was in heaven with all the attention.
Dale going SLOW
The BIG winner....looking oh so cool and collected
Duke and I on Friday night went to see Avenue Q at the Majestic. It is a play on Sesame Street, as the characters are puppets and humans and the dialogue is racy, non pc, but very entertaining. Basically about a recent college grad, first job, first lay off, realizing college doesn't really prepare you for all life situations you encounter. Cute Cute Cute.


Truly Friday was a tornado busy...bike rodeo, play date, babysitter, play, laundry, errands....I amazed myself with all I was able to accomplish and tote Macy with me.


Saturday was also a busy morning we had away games that were an hour away and Reid had to be there at 8...so gone by 7....meaning up at 6 to eat and dress...ekkk. Reids team was defeated by a really good team...they could throw/catch/de-flag/and RUN...there was one kid who I think had a Monster energy drink for breakfast...he had a speed no one else had. Dales team won, and true to form Dale had some great tackles....several for a loss of yards, and had a few good runs with the ball too, and also added another position to his resume as flanker and had some great blocks that resulted in touchdowns....he really gets this sport. The kid in the center blocking is REID
Dale on the run



Duke was intensely watching Dales game....and his Blackberry as the RED RIVER SHOOTOUT began during his game....so the drive home was tuned into BIG 12 on Satellite....did I mention it was over an hour away.....that was a long drive home...with only a DS to appease the mass, and Macy and Reid making up games and nonsense, not being silent allowing the driver to listen to the game....and I offered to drive....I wanted to drive, but he claimed he needed the distraction. NICE that driving is a distraction to the game....which probably makes sense to the males in the world. So we get close to home and I asked him "So are you going to stop the car before you bolt inside?" "Yea....only b/c I need the keys to open the door." So I have to tell you I was elated when UT beat OU.... since I all but had a deposit on a hotel room for me and the kids. Another tid bit I have to share is that this is the one day a year Duke allows the kids to say OU SUCKS..... which is HUGE since stupid and dumb are BAD words in our home....funny that Dale said "OU" and hesitated and looked at us and whispered "sucks"...or waited for Duke to boom in with the latter part.... and tonight we were playing catch and he was singing the fight song and adding that verse...I told him he had 2 hours to enjoy it and that was all until next year.

In other football news Nebraska and Texas Tech met up which is a big deal as my folks are Nebraska alum and my brothers are Tech alum...my Dad always said it was great if Nebraska won, but great still is Tech won as he was paying ALOT of money there too...so win win, however Nebraska lost and Scott and Brad get bragging rights for a year on Dad, Uncle Tom and all the other Nebraska relatives....even better that Brad lives in Nebraska now and today went against the grain....my guess is he and Jonelle watched the game at home alone out of fear of being corned to death in the streets in Tech garb.


No comments: