Monday, November 27, 2006

And the littlest one saves the day!

We had a great Thanksgiving, We spent some time at my parents in Kerrville, and saw my brother and sister in law. And I just realized we did not call my other brother and sister in law, but we did think about them....anyway. I made my rolls and was very pleased with them.....before I tasted them...they had a bitter aftertaste.....so Carolyn my Chef, what do I do to fix that?
We also finished decorating for Christmas, and got some things taken to storage, so very productive. Then the game on Friday happened, ohhh bad news UT was upset by a&m. My home is usually happy and active. When the Horns do not play well, I contemplate a hotel stay. Duke is a man of very few vices. The largest WAS offroading and he has let that go A BUNCH, we do not own a Designated Offroad Truck, at the moment, his truck has NO LIFT, and tires you can purchase anywhere. If you know Duke, this is pretty big. He does not drink, smoke, or curse....any more than you and me. He is also a great Daddy, and UT Football is his thing. So when the game went south, the kids disappeared, and we give Duke his space and DO NOT BRING IT UP! He was so great though, and when the game ended he turned on the playstation and played with Dale for a long time, he also had a SUPER attitiude, not grumpy, but again not elated but I was impressed. The day went on without insident and that night he said what so you wanna do tomorrow, I said I do nto care and he replied well I was going to watch football all day but that will just make me miseable. So he missed the games for the most part, but did catch the Oklahoma game. Anyhow long story short he was at the computer and Macy crawled up on his lap and proudly exclaimed BEBO, DADDY BEBO as she pointed at his shirt with a longhorn in the center! It was a first for her to say Bevo, or recognize it....it melted his heart, and made him so proud and happy! Thank you God for little girls.
Oh a funny note Dale asked did the Longhorns get beat....
Yes Dale.
By Who? he asked.
a&m Dale.
Whew well at least the aggies did not beat us!
Dale a&m are the aggies.
OH THAT STINKS!

No comments: