Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Great Daniel Debate and other insights

Sooo the great debate around the Daniel house is build or not to build....that is the question? Do we NEED a new home......or want it......is the novelty of picking what you want worth the price? Is it ok to sacrifice on some stuff for the sake of a great deal? So I think we have determined NO....to buy for the sake of a great deal is not really a reason enough alone. I want my next home to be the forever home.....potentially and I do not want to sacrifice when if I wait a year or 2 I can have that home, Duke is wary of the real estate market and its fluctuations at the moment and we have enough room, are happy, love our neighbors, love the school Dale is in and its proximity, and LOVE the freedom that our current situation allows us financially. So I think we are going to do a few cosmetic changes here and hold out. Rock the fireplace, extend the deck and buy some furniture and a new dish washer and call it good for a bit longer. But then again we change our minds about once a week so we'll see if this sticks....if not, I am gonna shut up about it all and come xmas if you get a card from a different address then we moved if not then we did not!
So I have to give a little insight into one of my last evenings here.....we refilled the sand box with sand.....sooo great....the kids are loving it and Reid says lets make angels and next thing you know all 3 on their backs making sand angels....cute huh....well not really b/c fresh sand STICKS in hair and on skin all too well and we ended up with I think half a pound inside.....so at the point that I am cooking dinner I decide I cannot handle the grit under my feet any more and vaccuum.....I am vaccuuming and the noodles on the stove boil over.....I am vaccuuming and moving a pot, and then around the corner comes Macy.......diaperless and says I poopie in the pottie....and I say then get to the potty....still vaccuuming, stirring, and encouraging the potty usage.....that my friend is MOM talent....so I finished, she pooped and peed, and dinner was all ready by the time I was done. However it was a mute point b/c then we ate and dinner was all over the floor and we started back at the grit underfoot and the cleaning again....oh the excitement of it all!
Actually one exciting thing has been Tad....our newest pet....a tadpole from Bepaws pond. Well he is turning into a frog....has back legs and is growing front legs....it is actually really cool to watch it happen....every morning Macy gets on her stool and proclaims I see him, I see him, he is resting, Broder do you see him?Hes in there.....but the day he hops onto the counter I will pass out but until then Tad is pretty neat.

No comments: