Monday, August 27, 2007

Day One....One Tooth....

So day 1 of first grade was good. He got the most punches on his card....5 of them only 5 more and he can buy an eraser or pencil, or eat lunch with the teacher....which is what he wants to do. Yea I see politics in his future...have a sit down with the person who calls the shots...smart boy. He said they sit all day at the desks and there were no centers to play at, but that it was fun. His best little Buddy has a different recess time so he was a little bummed about that but they do get to see each other at lunch and there are other boys in his class he knows and likes so it is ok.

Tonight at 8:20 we are headed to bed and decide to have Duke pull on one of the front teeth that is SOOOO LOOSE. Now you all know Duke he has HUGE hands and fills the rumor that he has huge gloves too....ha ha got cha...any how yea huge hands that I love b/c they are so reassuring and comforting to me but to pull teeth from a 6 yr old mouth....yea Dale talks like he has a mouth the size of Canada but I promise you it is normal sized....so I find the pulling, a feat in itself...so POP out comes the tooth on the first pull, and lots of blood but stopped it with lots of ice chips and off to bed for the fairy to come....he just lost a tooth on Friday night, and the tooth fairy paid out 5 bucks so I can only assume that will be the case again, and I told Dale that I think that 5 bucks a tooth is tops for the fairy....he said "yea probably but 10 would be COOL!" So now he looks so goofy, yet cute with one center tooth on top and one on bottom, and the other top tooth is days away from being gone....my Dale the toothless wonder.

That is one toothless happy kid

Check out that G A P... you could sail a boat through that space!

So I was a total goof in that I failed to give props to my brother and sister in law for keeping the kids while we went to the Texas 4000 tribute. They really had a blast. The went swimming, and got to sleep in a fort, and watch movies, and go bowling out front.....sounds like a blast to me. Scott and Tanya claimed that the kids were good and that they had a good time too....hope that is true so they earn the Awesome Aunt and Uncle Award as well.....and Brad well he is good too.....but lets say brothers tell no tales, and I know what you did last Saturday.....he he he, so Jonelle can be an Awesome Aunt but your title is in question.....just kidding my kids are really blessed to have such great, giving, loving people in their lives.

Reid and Macy did great at school today. Reid got to be the line leader b/c he was the quietest.....which is the biggest deal to little kids, and he also got to carry the walke talke on the way to and from the main building. He asked his morning if he gets to go on a field trip today....since that is a big perk for the kinder readiness class....I said not today but soon. he went in like a champ and started playing.


All ready for school....sans backpacks b/c they were too heavy to carry....filled with supplies



Macy did great as well. She did ask if she could go eat breakfast with Kathy and Becky but when I said no, she was ok with it and took off to put the classroom babies nite nite. No tears all day and took a nap and was happy to see me this afternoon but could have hung out a while longer and been fine too, so that to me is a huge plus.....here's to a great school year!

No comments: