Tuesday, March 11, 2008

4 wheeling bug

I have been pestering Duke to take the kids to a 4-wheeler ranch to ride. So this Sunday we did it. We went to Buffalo Valley MX. Wow the boys had the best time riding their 4 wheelers, over little jumps, and in mud holes, short trails. We were on the very tame end of the spectrum as there were bikes and 4 wheelers flying through the air like you would see at a motocross show. Reids little face when he saw a 4 wheeler fly over a jump was priceless...then he says...I wanna do that. So Duke took him out and he did a little jump and caught about 2 foot of air unintentionally and was sooo scared he stopped mid track and Duke had to convince him to keep going...and he did and loved it. He also found a mud hole and rode all day through it...over and over and over....with a HUGE grin. Dale was so scared but wanted to ride the motorcycle again, so we did it once with me on the back with him and then he did it alone.... sans the concrete wall, and he did great....not a pro yet and not ready for anything other than do not fall...but he is getting it. Macy also had a great time riding with Duke and I and the boys gave her small rides around the truck and thru the mud. I have no pictures as we figured no evidence would be best in case there was ever a CPS filing...no I forgot it, but Duke and I were very impressed with their focus and awareness of surroundings and other vehicles....I am sure there will be more of this soon to come as Reid is already asking when he can go get his 4 wheeler dirty again.
Also I got a great gift this weekend....not one I would have picked had I had the choice but will love and use .... a new washer and dryer. They are on order since my old big washer crapped out on Monday/ last week.....I do have my other small unit so I am not out totally but am certainly crippled a bit, anyhow it was cheaper to buy a set rather than separately.... a whirpool duet front load washer and dryer for 799.98...or just the washer for 799.98 no negotiating ....and the cheapest other front load washer was 599.99 and it was smaller in capacity...that the small one I have....and anywhere else the Duet is 1200-1300 bucks...so well worth the price, so I can rival a small Laundromat with my soon to be 2 washers and 2 dryers again...

No comments: