Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Dis enchanted Voter

Ok we all know I am NO rocket scientist....Scott and Brad stop laughing...but I felt really stupid at the primary voting I did. I went in and the lady said what ballot...kinda off-guard I said a party....(we will keep all parties nameless)...."OK sign here," ....."take this to that man," .... I go to the booth and he pulls up a ballot...I see my ballot....THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT! Too late now.... so I voted only for that party....which I did not want to do I wanted all the options, all the candidates, which is what I assumed would be there, so I could do a few Democrat a few Republican....I like to see all the names when picking the ones I like best for the offices...example: Wilbur McDoorstep I would pass over for Police Chief but would go for Colt Fastdraw. My question is am I really in the HUGE minority of idiots in not knowing that my party affifiation statment limited my options? I think you should be able to truly choose who you think would be best regardless of party affiliation? Not every Republican is the best for every job and same hold true for Democrats, but I had to pick only one side blindly. I know that the clear winners will go on and that you have the chance at the general election to vote either candidate but think a fairer way would be able to hand pick your dream ballot or the lesser of all evils ballot and submit it for thus by giving all a fair shot to all to get on the ballot. Duke said I should have said Independent and then I would have been given the ballot I wanted and option on all candidates....have not researched that, but he is a whole lot smarter than I so I assume he is right. And feel a little better that a friend of mine, who I think is really smart, did not know that to be an option either...., and if this is an option than it should be offered to you...what ballot Democrat, Republican or Independant. I think we have seen that the general public is not all election brainiacs and clearly I am not one, lets recall the "chad" fiasco....all the more reason to overly educate the public and tell them. But none the less my goal of going in to record for posterity that honestly I am not sold on any candidate, but really think it will come these 2 and if so, I want this one....FOR SURE NOT THAT ONE, never happened b/c I had the wrong party ballot to do so. But the right ballot of who I would like to ultimatly get it just a hair more, which is I guess is ok that I "voted for my team," although not my mission, b/c I think there is a snowball's chance in Hell it will happen, so if "THAT ONE," makes the ballot I will be ticked that I did not have to opportunity to share that I did not what them there...which as bassaquadards as this all sounds was my goal, and it TOTALLY MAKES SENSE IN MY OWN HEAD, so whatever and what if Colt Fastdraw was on the other ticket and I had no chance to see his cool name and honor him with my support and instead had to pick Shi Thead...b/c he ran unopposed on my ballot....get it Shi Thead...s h i t h e a d ...just a laugh to end this on....lets see what the rest of Texas said, b/c in November I might move to England!

No comments: