Friday, June 13, 2008

NO I did NOT call you...seariously

Ok if you try to call me I very well may not answer as I am the victim of a number glitch. Here is the deal....I have over the last 2 days gotten 50....50 phone calls inquiring why did I call them, when I never called them. Most I think assume I am nuts or pranking them when I say I did not call but it is true I did not. I started asking questions to the folks on the phone....whose name is on your ID?...what is the number? Turns the number belongs to a Tina Younger and her number is 404-921-0625. Here is the glitch when anyone in San Antonio is called and they hit *69 or a similar feature on their phone it is not applying the 1 in front of the area code to make it go to Atlanta Georgia....it is only dialing the first 7 digits and calling me. This was what I figured out and the explanation I was given from Time Warner was it is not a glitch ....they are hitting redial not dialing the number, however I find this not totally applicable as I do this same feature and call Austin, and even other locations out of state with NO issue...and I find it naive to think that this is the first time this woman has called any individuals in San Antonio, as 404 numbers are really common and why in the last 2 days. The phone guy said it is a fake number...only solution is to change my number and as a courtesy they will waive the fee to change my number in this case.....THANKS FOR THE SERVICE SHMOE....ok my kids know our number, my friends, banks, dr's....what a freakin hassle it is going to be to change ALL of that ( and apparently I have a SMART phone in the words of the time warner cable operator that my phone can recall the numbers to dial from redial )....
This phone number is a auto warranty scam and they want to extend your warranty but have no information and want your money....and only leave a message or hang up. Also they apparently call at all hours of the night b/c I got 4 around 1 am last night, so all my phones are off, and my answering machine is off as I do not want to hear a call every 5 mins or so. Also I am FLOORED that so many people return the call to see who is calling...as this is something I never do ...if I do not know you by the caller ID, I do not answer....to say this whole situation ticks me off is to put it so mildly...and the calls keep coming. So if you see on the news that a woman went nuts on a phone operator b/c thus far I have been hung up on 4 times by my own company it is ME! Do I change the number....continue to fight and fix, would LOVE feedback.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah that's pretty weird--I'm in Kansas and got a call showing this as the callback number, called it, got a disconnect message. It seems like this has got to be a deliberate trick for the person calling out to hide their callback info, given the number of 'unknown' calls this person is making. Sorry you had to change your number--I know how much of a hassle that can be! Thanks for sharing the story online though.