Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Forgive me Amy for I have sinned

Ok so this morning begins and Reid is sick....upset stomach....he proves it with a trip to the toilet and I say ok you can stay home. So we make the necessary calls and are home bound. He did have "issues" a few times but other than that; this kid is FINE...he and Macy are all over the place...jumping off couches, making forts, hid and seek....he is so going to school tomorrow. Anyhow since he was sick I had to cancel an appointment....turns out a very very necessary appointment. I also had to run up to the Elementary school and make copies of the Newsletter and deliver them....I cannot do this with kids as they are clearly not needed in the copy room, and one is sick....so I had Duke man the kids and I went during his lunch.....since I had a minute to have my brain reload, I remembered we needed Benedryl, duck tape and flash cards....to drug the kids, tape them down, and then force feed them education...no no no....not related just needed....so I also made a run to Walgreens....walking to the Benedryl I see a product, "HEY I can use that, save time and money....how smart am I...smart purchase definitely" so I walk out of the store one item heavier, and patting myself on the back. Get home thank Duke, and I think this is going to be a productive day after all. We go get Dale from school, return and the kids are eating snack and watching TV....perfect time... so I head upstairs, open my product and then the fun begins. My product that is saving me time, and money is wax....Amy is my fantastic anestitition ...she is American, clean, funny, reliable, her room smells like lavender and has relaxing music...granted I do pay her quite nice, and have to have an appointment, but today I decide I can for-go the scent and music and do it myself. JUST eyebrows folks....anything else is sooo left to professionals....trust me I have tried and it was awful, I felt like a cat that had tape all over its feet dancing around, and on top of it I was fixing to be put in a tub of water by an alternate internal personality and there was lots of self conflict....I was that cat, it was BAD... But this time I think I can do this, I have before...no biggie, I even got the sensitive skin kind, that can be used cold, and is water soluble...I think win win win. SO I open the tub of wax...smells good, a fake chocolate....I pull some out and put it on my brow, add the paper, smush it and rip....Yes it hurt, but worth it right...NO the stuff did not work, so I try again, and it was a bit harder to pull off the second time...but marginal success and I clean it up with tweezers.....begin brow 2... apply goop, paper, smush HARD, yank....nothing, clearly 2nd time is necessary...appy goop, paper, smush hard over and over....and yank....it worked! a little too well and yanked off half my brow...I hear the kids yelling...have to go be a mom...they are wrestling in the living room, have a ring and all...a few re directions and back to the task at hand....Almost BALD- EYE Brow....so I clean up with tweezers since the wax did not even get the hair I wanted, and we are NOT trying again, and then have to over pluck the first brow to make this look intentional.... we are going for the thin brow this month...and I still have to color in the other one b/c there is a NICE bald spot....so lessons learned
Do not try this on a day when you have been a MOM all day
Apparently the music and scent is necessary...wrestling and fake chocolate smell does not cut it.
11 for the crappy wax, and now more for an eyeliner pencil....I am not saving any money here
RED just plucked chicken eyes are not attractive....at least I have the junk Amy sold me to help with that, and I will NOT miss my appointment next month....I do not care who is sick...I will be sicker if I do this AGAIN. So my self inflicted beauty confession punishment....say 3 Hail Amy's and buy a good eye pencil!

No comments: