Monday, November 03, 2008

It's Monday ALLREADY



Wow that was a fast weekend, I do not think I stopped once. Friday we went a-treatin'. Dale as a scary skeleton...but still with a smile, Reid as a goofy skeleton, and Macy as a fairy, and me as Ugly Betty. It was funny b/c most of my neighbors did not even recognize me and one said...who is that walking with Macy, only to recognize me after I spoke. I guess that should be a compliment that they think I look nothing like Ugly Betty. Macy caught on quick that everyone thought she was so cute....she kept saying "everyone thinks I am so cute...right mom" Her ego barely fit into the door opening to knock on the door. Reid wanted to come home as soon as his bag was full and heavy....so I left Duke to tote Macy and Dale around and Reid and I went home to dish out candy and watch a Halloween movie on the projector we set up out front. We now have a HUGE basket FULL of candy up on the fridge so it cannot be consumed with out assistance. Our neighbors also had a party so we went and had a good time there too.
Saturday morning 6 am Macy and I are up getting ready for her competition...downtown by 7:30 am, I delivered her to her coach and then another cheer mom and I got lost in 5 block radius and found every one way street in that 5 block radius while trying to help move one of the coaches cars from a metered parking to a lot...ultimately successful but a little adventure non the less. So the competitors go in at 8, we are not allowed in until 9, but with the car adventure it was 8:30 before I was even ready to go in, so I hung out for 30 mins, we get in and sit , individuals go first, then the mascots....which is Macy's group. There were about 18 mascot groups and they were the last ones...she performed at 11:30...ok long morning but I am in the mind set I will be done soon....WRONG her coach walks by with the girls and we all gush about how great they did...we are so proud of they efforts..yadda yadda. She then says we are going to eat their lunch and then I will bring them back to you...they eat come back and she then says they cannot leave the auditorium, they have to stay until the end....this would have been good info to know, as I had NO lunch, and the concession was OUTRAGEOUS. 3 for water, 2.50 for a granola bar, and 2.50 bag of chips...no thanks I'll starve, than pay 8 bucks for a snack....but thankfully Macy's tiny appetite came in handy as she did not eat all of her lunch, and wanted to SAVE it... so I had 1 piece of bread, a piece of turkey, her leftover chips and a cookie ....and I only paid 5 to feed her...and me. So I contemplate leaving only to realize her poms, warm ups and pillow are in the team section and off limits to me...dang, we manage to get her stuff, and she does not want to leave, so I have her lay down for a little bit...as soon as she stopped moving she was OUT ...2 1/2 hours later she wakes up and we hung out, my plan was that as soon as she melted down we would go...but she never melted, so we watched all the girls compete, and I played more brain age/ sudoku on the DS than should be allowed. Finally we have the awards and they get little medals for competing, she did not win but we made it out by 6:30, home by 7...over 12 hours of cheer fun. I was wiped out from a day of doing nothing and was in and out during the UT game that night and it was kinda nice to be incoherent during the end of that emotional game. So Sunday we enjoy the extra hour of sleep....at least I did, and then we headed to Dales football game, they played great and won...so we are off to playoffs...YYYYYEEEEeeeaaaaa. so more late nights, dinner at 4, practice 3 nights a week and rushing in general but there is a light ...unsure if it is daylight or a the train light...guess we will find out soon.

Also another funny Macy story....we went to vote on Friday morning, I am holding Macy and a man joins the line behind us and she yells out YEA ORANGE..... YEA WHITE....YEA LONGHORNS ....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT....he had on a longhorn shirt and numerous people smiled and laughed. However the game result on Saturday was less that desired and left Duke a little delicate.

No comments: