Thursday, August 25, 2011

I miss you Henry, Jose and Jason

Macy and her halibut
Reids Silver Salmon...struggling to hold it and smile

And thay were swimmin....

Zip line ready

Reverse Plank Zip

Glacier Plank

Thats me about to FLY

FLYING

Great place for splits

toothpicking airport style

moving sidewalk plank

Jose and Macy and the orgami basket

At sea and they find vehicles

Vancouver forest plank

all of the crew

sky walk toothpick

x2

x3

my awesome kids

My goofy dad with goofy's hat...love his playful nature

Juneau Mountain plank

Glacier 

going 

going

gone

made waves that ROCKED the boat

Nature is happening and he plays soccer


4X4 trip ..BEAUTIFUL

fishing trip

the catch

Not grumpy trying to have a pirate face

thas thas a BEAR...2 of um

the bear in swinging distance of Dales head looking for cub

aww we found prancer

Ice cream happiness

Henry and Jose ... Dale left before dessert to go to the Edge kids club

Wow after 2 years of waiting for it to happen it finally did... our Disney Alaska Cruise.  I cannot say enough great things about it, AMAZING. It started a bit bumpy when our fist leg of our flight was cancelled and we ended up leaving 4 hours later and had a LONG layover but none the less we made it to Vancouver.  We killed time planking, tooth picking, and owling all over the place.  This was a top vacation for me personally since Dukes Mom was with us and both my parents were with us too, talk about spoiled grand kids.  Vancouver has to be one of the coolest cities I have visited... I would live there in a second.  Beautiful, green, cool, picturesque.... even the downtown scene complete with drag queens... whom I took a picture with one.  ( I have a secret fascination with Drag Queens.... they have a better sense of style and makeup and hair know how than I have or will ever have!)  In Vancouver we visited the sky walk and suspension bridge... very cool and amazing, then we went up the gondola ride to a ski mountain complete with bears, lumberjack shows, and paragliding.  Sam gave me my Birthday gift of a paragliding ride that was on my bucket list.  So I did it, a 30 min ride in the sky, it was again amazing.  There are so many areas of Vancouver that are untouched by civilization and then in the distance there is Vancouver this huge city, and you could see it all.  We flew over snow covered mountains, and saw the beach in the distance, and flew with a bald Eagle that was checking us out.  AMAZING I know I have said this already but it was.  My mom actually did a ride as well and she too loved it, so neat to share that with her.
The next day we got on the Disney Wonder.... all of the boarding was quick and no long lines, very organized and smooth... very nice.  The kids changed and began swimming and then found the holy grail... endless free soft serve ice cream! Then I met the holy grails ... Jose and Henry our servers who cut up my kids steaks and made their ketchup look like mickey mouse and entertaining my kids with napkin hats and origami and magic tricks...ahhh Dinner I got to eat when it was hot and uninterrupted.... Glorious.  The another huge love was Jason our cabin host.... the animals... the cleaning...and all done by NOT ME .... Heaven.  The kids loved the kids clubs, Macy wanted to go but wanted one of us to join her to color and we did a couple times and then she would run off and play.  Reid just wanted to swim and play soccer, and Dale could not get enough of the bigger kid group.  The weather was wonderful as well which apparently is not the norm but it was gorgeous all week so maybe the locals are lying so people don't all move there after their cruises.  We did 4x4 gator rides in Juneau, and had a blast and some yummy food too, the kids loved it as well as the adults.  In Skagway Duke , Reid, Macy and my folks went salmon fishing, and Dale and I went zip lining and on a glacier hike.  Reid actually caught the biggest fish a female silver salmon, and Macy caught the largest halibut we debated on mounting Reid's fish but when Duke said no Reid FLIPPED out and took off down the dock so he felt there was no way to go back on that decision.  My mom and dad saved the day and had his and Macy's fish frozen and sent to kerrville for all of us to enjoy soon.  Dale and I had the best time on the zip line and I really enjoyed the solo time with him. He was the youngest on the excursion, but we both loved it.  The views, the company, and smores afterwards was fantastic.  Then we went to the Glacier and WOW so cool, saw tons of salmon and huge granite domes.  In Ketchican we did a Bear hunt with Dukes Mom.... and we saw BEARS actually several of them and at one point there was one with in swinging distance of Dale and the guide quickly pulled him out of the way and Dale said he heard her grunt and then her cub came running and they disappeared.  We fed reindeer, saw a totem pole being carved... again SO very neat and such great memories were made.  On the Boat we went and saw a glacier and a HUGE chunk fell off and we got it on camera...well Duke did... he is amazing with a camera and got some great pictures.  The shows were so great and not typical cI can not wait to go again everything was top notch and fantastic.  

No comments: