Thursday, August 25, 2011

School Daze

We are coming to the close of week one at our new school.  Dale said 5th grade is fast paced, but he likes it and likes his teacher... who has 2 rats, 2 hamsters, goldfish and beta fish all in her classroom... brave lady.  He is in the GT program again and I think he will do very well.

Reid now in 3rd is wearing his new glasses for reading now... a new development this summer at our football physical, so hopefully this ease some of his reading struggles.  He has made a freind in class and also likes his teacher, and she likes UT so added bonus.

Macy is pulling up the rear in 1st grade and has a 1st yr teacher who seems super nice.  Macy qualified for GT as well, and I am sure will give her teacher a run for her money at some point.

It amazes me that my kids can bee sooo rough, and disagreeable here at home and are angels at school...hmmm

The boys are playing football with the panthers and doing really well.  Dale is being used as an example of how to tackle... it is soo fun to watch him play.  At a scrimmage last week the final play he was at safety and knocked the runner back 5 yds in a solid solo textbook tackle.  The kid got up after the play, but later had him in a chair checking his pulse and all and Dale felt really bad for him saying I wanted to stop him but not hurt him.

Reid has not scrimmaged another team but is doing great with his practices as well and is the fastest on his team so is running back and 2nd string  QB and my bet is he will be safety but he is at corner now but has made several runs across the field to tackle the runner on the opposite side.

Macy is trying gymnastics and tumbling and cheer and will pick one to do this season... I think gymnastics will win out... but who knows she supprises me all the time.

The new house is great all the main boxes are unpacked and I am loving it.  I really love our grass it is zoiza and its GREEN and super soft.  I think we will really love this home and since we were in smaller homes the last 14 mos it seems HUGE to me.... and there is storage space!


No comments: