Wednesday, December 12, 2007

How I love thee, let me count the ways

Why I love my family:

DALE.....Dale I love your compassionate heart. How you comfort Macy and look out for her. I love how committed you can be to somthing when you choose it. I love watching you run as fast as you can, b/c man you are really fast. I love that you have mastered swimming and reading....tasks I deep down knew you would do but you did it so easily. I love that you are smart in logic and in common sense. I love how you try to dicipline your brother and sister, and yet still want me to put the syrup on your waffles. I love that you have your guys that you love and carry them all over the house like a little crew. I love your belly laugh, when you sound like you are in pain but really laughing. I love it when you say Thank you Mom, for random things and it is totally unsolicited. I love how you shock me with your intelligence, or compassion. I love that you are honest with me. I love your gap in your front teeth, b/c it reminds me of mine. I love your "superman curl" in your hair. I love that you are my first, you will pave the way for all to follow, and it will be a hard act to follow I am sure. Your memories will be momentous sometimes scary and wonderful to experience.


REID-O...... My Reid I love how you always tell me, I love you mommy, for no reason, just so I know. I love how you are so tough when you are away from me and so tender when I am near. I love that you need me to cover you each night, and ask Will you sleep with me? every night. I love how well you can play with Dale one second and then with Macy the next. I love that you only wear bathing suits as shorts in the summer. I love how you suggle with me on the couch. I love how you run home with Dale and try to match his speed. I love you belly laugh, when you sound like you are running out of air. I love how coordinated you are. I love how shy you are in the beginning and then the life of the party soon after. I love your board staight hair, b/c I never had that. I love your perfect teeth, hopefully they will stay that way. I love that you are my middle child, you won't be first or last but you definatly put your own stamp on all that you will do, your memories will be so special to me.

MACY...... Miss Monkey Macy, I love that I rock you before you go to bed every night and we have our little time. I love how you refer to yourself as a monkey. I love how you save me some covers each night to come sleep with you. I love how you take care of your babies, rocking and patting, dancing and comforting them saying, "its ok sweetie, its ok" and then drop them on their head to go play with another toy. I love that you allow me to shop for you and you like what I choose. I love how you love purses, shoes, nail polish, jewerly and all things girlie, and then every night end up running around the house in your panties. I love your hair fixed in a bow, and also all messed up and tosseled around. I love how you like to play teacher with your flash cards...quizzing me "whats this?" "very good Mommy." I love your belly laugh, I love your singing and dancing and bopping to music. I love how you include me in things....its our cake right mommy...just ours, right, for us, right... I love how you say, thank you, thank you so very much for things and... its very special to me...refering to random things and some things that are special to you. I love it when you wake up in the morning and run to hug me and squeeze me. I love that you think a tight hug and kiss will solve most everything. I love that you can hang with your brothers, and run the show alot of times. I love that you are the last and my girl and the one I will share so many memories with.

DUKE........Duke I love that you have given me so many fabulous things in my life. I love that I have made so many memories with you allready. I love that I have grown with you, and that we have grown togeather. I love that you love me, accept me and cherish me, even when I am in my pjs, with no makeup, frazzled trying to please everyone at breakfast. I love our time in bed right before we go to sleep. I love it when you scratch my back unsolicited. I love I can be totally honest with you, no secrets, no baggage. I love it that we tivo Greys and then watch it togeather in the same chair. I love it when you play with the kids and get them to laugh with their Belly laughs. I love how you can detail a home and then play Star Wars with Dale. I love that you can beat all the levels on the games so you can help Dale succeed, b/c I am awful at them. I love how strategic, and intelligent you are, and yet so creative too. I love your hands....your giant, make me feel so safe, bear hands. You amaze me that you are a real life pig pen, creating a mess in the cleanist of spaces, and somehow creating mud on your shoes when there is no mud to be seen ANYWHERE. I love that you can build things for me, that I love. I love you can fix things around the house, the right way, not all rigged up....like I would do, and you would take over and fix it correctly. I love that you want to make me happy and always ask if I am happy....I am so very happy, happy, content, fullfilled, stable, comfotable, at ease, in love, silly, crazy, goofy, HAPPY.

1 comment:

The Pruetz Family said...

Hands down my favorite post from you, Susan. Awesome.