Sunday, December 16, 2007

That was yesterday

Yea my last post was all sweet and cuddly...that was SOOO NOT TODAY, b/c today I awoke to Macy ....that sweet Macy.....she opened 2 tubs of vaseline .....and used them ALL over her room, bed, blankets, pillows, chair, otoman, herself, her HAIR, babies, shirts.....have I painted a greasy enough picture. SOO gross.....her hair WOW is nasty, so you may think well this is nothing a good wash cannot fix. You would be correct but here is where Murphy enters in laughing. Rewind to last night and me at my wits end I inform Duke it is his turn to parent, I am going to lock the bedroom door and take a bath.....ahhhh a long hot bath.....with bubbles....ohhh how relaxing. So I run the tub, it is billowing with bubbles, I lit a candle, turn on the bath heater, and enter my paradise....huh...this is not HOT...warm but not hot, I want hot...certian it is a user error I turn on the hot water....wide open....it is icy....maybe in needs a second....no still icy. Awww crap! So now I am covered in my billowing bubbles....in cold water, and have to rinse them off to get out.....using ICY cold water. I am still cold from the experience. So Duke passed the parenting back to me and went to help the hot water heater and to no avail we are pretty sure it is toast. So back to this morning, I cannot wash her blankets or her because there is no hot water and there is not enough cold to fill the washer either....yea I love greasy kids.....gross. So today that was going to be the day of movies and warm indoor activities since it is cold and windy outside will now be filled with my christmas gift of a new hot water heater...just what I asked santa for....there better be a hot shower tonight. I tried to find a silver lining and said well then I want a BIG heater so there is TONS of hot water.....enter Murphy doubled over in laughter.....the stupid "closet" in the garage that houses the heater....there is not enough space in the door to fit anything larger than what is there.....great.....so I hope there is hot water for my guests when you visit.....if not then I guarantee I will have Murphy tied up to a chair so we can all beat him with bats. Oh and to ice the cake, no pun, Macy has a fever....where is Murphy hiding cause I am gonna make him take a BATH!

No comments: