Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Smoke but no fire...no visible fire

Last night after dinner the boys were wanting a snack before bed....ok what is fast, easy, and fairly healthy....fruit...no dice both said no, crackers, NO again...Popcorn....ok...I grabbed a bag of Microwave stuff....tossed it in and hit popcorn.....ahhh the ease of it all. I go and start folding laundry....I turn to go back and get out a bowl and WOW there is smoke billowing out of the microwave....BIG TIME, I hit cancel on the microwave, left the door closed afraid of what I might find and thinking if there is a fire it will burn up its oxygen and die. Reid runs over to Duke who is wishing for death on the sofa, suffering from allergies....he rolls over and says "what?" DADDY THERE'S A FIRE...."oh" Duke rolled back over and put the pillow back on his head and went back to sleep, well if there is a fire I am not dragging HIM out! ....I tell the boys open the doors to air it out.....as we open the front door Macy is coming home from Kathys house where she was playing in a clean house to arrive here at a smoky stinky house. So I finally get to open the microwave and the entire bag is BLACK and there is no popcorn ....just black char, and WOW the smoke that was in the microwave I think was toxic and the bag I am certian would have caused cancer in california. (why is it only in Califorina?.....another blog...another day) ok so the microwave has a layer of burnt butter/oil/funk that is orange....making me question the healthyness of popcorn but alas another blog as well....

Now 24 hours later my house STILL smells like burnt popcorn, the burnt bag is outside and has been since last night so I am a little puzzled but it will pass so I hope. What happened you might be wondering. Well I grabbed an individual snack size one of the kids got for something and since it was in the regular box I just assumed....yea ass u me....dang the intelligence of it all.

Also the UPS man came and never told us. We were expecting Reids gifts from Momma Sam and Grandma and Bepaw.....out for delivery the tracking said. At dinner I saw the UPS truck pass and said "he skipped us!" Turns out he set the 2 packages in the garage and never told us. So Duke went to feed the dogs at 7:30 and said there are boxes in here. The excitement was to follow b/c not putting it all up was not an option ....I could not make him wait a whole day, bedtime could wait a bit, plus besides a little hot...they were TIRED when bedtime did come.

No comments: