Thursday, September 02, 2010

Sold

Hip Hip Horray our home in San Antonio is sold.... and I am kinda surprised at how excited I am about it....I suppose being in a different city and paying double mortgages helps but I thought I would be much more attached to that house simply because that is where 2 of my babies were born, and massive amounts of memories made. I am sad that we had to leave people we loved and enjoyed but I guess the financial responsibility in this bad housing market did have me concerned more that I wanted to admit. We have not made any plans to build yet and will be excited once we feel comfortable enough to do that... since I think both Duke and I are hesitant to decorate this house and hang pictures b/c they will all have to come down in a 9 mos.

The boys had their kick off weekend of football and both did great.... Dale is doing wonderful on defense and is playing safety and his defensive coach does not want him tired and will not allow him to play offense and risk him. Reid however is playing both ways as corner on defense and running back and quarter back on offense, both have made friends on their teams and are enjoying. They get uniforms tonight and both picked #8.... and will be pumped to have them.

This past Sunday we put 2 options up for a vote... beach or blowup slide... the kids chose beach so we went to the island. The kids had the bast time, Dale initially said he did not want to swim in water where Sharks are but once he hit the water did not come out until forced. Reid and Macy also loved it next time we will have to take some shovels and buckets the Whataburger cups did a substandard job in scooping and building castles. We did take the boogie boards and masks. I have a feeling that the beach will be requested again and will be a regular stop. We got home late and I made dinner and the kids jumped in the pool and swam....needless to say bedtime was fast and quiet.

My dog is now a water dog...he has realized the pool is fun and cool and now a wet dog in the house is a common occurrence as well as a running tally of what he chews up. Actually I have to admit he is doing better and we have realized how to dog proof...but he knows he is a tall dog on his hind legs and can get to and into lots of stuff and when unsupervised messes up but either we are getting better or he is or both b/c I come home to no mess more than anything else more than before. And dang it if I do not love that dog.

My arm is much better and I am out of my sling, and actually did some easy arm weights today so I hope I am on the road to recovery....

I loaned the camera to Duke to use and he lost it so I am in the market for a new one so hopefully soon I will have photos here again.

No comments: