Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So much for healthy!

Last night I woke up and had a feeling that told me go check on the kids.....yea I' m psychic nah just mommy intuition. I go to cover Dale and he says no I am hot....is the night over YET....I can not sleep. I feel his head and he is on FIRE. I get him some motrin, and a cold rag for his head and he pleads for me to turn the bathroom light off b/c his head hurts. OK this is my som who is afraid of the dark, wants numerous night lights on. So I make it dark and check on him 30 mins later and he is sleeping and felt cooler. Macy woke up at 5:45 a.m., which may not seem really early to anyone but WOW it is to me. I think from 4:30 until the very last second in your bed before you finally submit to getting up counts triple time in minuites. And I can prove it....because I am much happier when I get to consume those triple min's rather than sit in glider and "rest" and rock a toddler who is giddy and SO excited by the lion on my t-shirt. Yion (Lion) .....pitty(pretty)...yion....rar(roar)....Mommy nite nite.....kiet( quiet).....SHHHH( I am being spit on at this point) Yion....pitty.....Mommy Yion....Mommy....Mommy....(poking my eyes) Mommy upy. YEP MOMMY UPPY....
Ok so I conseed and we get up. Reid then wakes up at 6:30 and has sore throat and we discover a fever as well, and Macy insits that I take her temperature too....so I do; and it is low grade and only a matter of time before she has what the boys already have. So we are all home and calling to get in to the Dr. , calling at 8 am to the pediatrician is like calling to win 10 grand on the radio.....POINTLESS but you keep trying and are so excited to get the ring, the answer and the PLEASE HOLD and wait for forever...."you want in today?" "Yes"..."ok please hold"....no i just wanted wanted to wish you GOOD MORNING....DUH. Ok good we got in at 10:50 .....I guess is strep.....all 3 have a cough, Macy has boogers that make you think she has the sinus cavity of I dunno a mucus monster.
The BAD part is that they all have valentine parties tomorrow....and will all have to miss them if they are contagious and are with a fever for 24 hours....BUMMER Reid and Macy not so bad but Dale will be sad....they all worked so hard on their valentines for their classmates and containers to hold them, and I am room mom so I am supposed to help and kinda can't with sickies....oh well better to be just sick than something worse.

No comments: