Wednesday, February 28, 2007

7 days

It has been a big 7 days for us. One week ago, we departed to Colorado. AHHH but to simply drive to the airport w/o issue is too easy. 15 mins before we depart there is a scream erupting from the back yard. I bolt out the doorway and find Macy crying and my neighbor crying. Dev my lil neighbor buddy is just saying sorry...sorry....and crying and Macy apparently took a bungee chord to the face and is shaking and screaming being held by both Dale and Reid. All I got was there were some trailers made....where they hook the chord to a car and run around.....so fun, apparently he wanted her car and chord and tried to grab it and she protested, they tugged, he lost grip or gave up and the chord retracted and she took the hook to the bridge of her nose and eyebrow. Just tons of gratitude that it missed the eye here.....love the neighbor Dev, and they are kids, stuff happens, thank goodness my kids have fantastic guardian angels working overtime, Grandpa Butch, and all their Great Grandparents in Heaven....Thank You for them, I know they help keep my kids safe. So anywhy I walk Devin home and his mom dies a thousand deaths at the sight of Macy....and Devin is sent inside and crushed. We toss everyone in the car and hit the road, at the airport we get to our gate and I feel as though everyone is learing at me and my beat up kid....at the gate we ate some food, and I notice Macy has bood draining from her tear duct.....yikes I freak a little and try to call the Dr. it is 5:15 and they are closed. I call dial a nurse.....and she says she needs to go to the emergency room.....WHAT.....I explain I am at the airport waiting to board a plane. Ok so now I have the Airport EMS crew in route to examin my munchkin. They are VERY nice and look and find nothing obvious that would require transportation to a local ER.....I thank them, we board the plane and thankfully the remainder of the trip to Colorado is eventless, the car is easy to get, has 2 booster seats built in and off we go.
The condo is amazing, and huge, we have the ski lifts out our windows, we have a run 10 feet from a door leading into our complex, our balcony is slopeside, looking over the run 10 feet from a door....so great and there was a race that weekend and on Saturday night they had fireworks on the mountain top that looked like they were set up just for us with the view we had!
Thursday we get everyone into Ski school and Daycare, check in, get groceries.....
Friday we all ski.....weather is great, mountian is beautiful.
Saturday we go to ski and Duke is basically paralized from the boots down. He hurt his foot and is in PAIN and for Duke to admit pain is HUGE, so I know he hurts. We ski a run or 2 and do what is necesssary to ski to the condo and get him out of boots. At this point he is ready to never ski again and he agreed to snow board lessons the next day. So I set up private lessons and am PUMPED Up.
So on Sunday we get everyone to lessons and daycare and we meet Pete our private instructor from across the pond. Not to brag but I pick it up fast, Duke does not. Pete is showering me with compliments.....I have never had a person pick up this quick.....bragging to other instructors in the lift line, and Duke is sitting on the run on his butt because he requested we do a lap and catch him on the next run. So I pass him and Pete guides him down the slope. He rides up and requests that again do another lap, help Susan ...she obviously is getting more out of this than me. SO we did another lap and both say where is he.....he is at the TOP of the run.....in the snow....where we left him.... growing roots. He decides to walk to the other lift, ride it down and call it a day. Pete and I continue and go on to do runs that he claims he had never taken a beginner on.....says I am at a level way beyond beginner, linking turns, no balance issues....my favorite trick had to be a back roll to stand up....so cool and yet soo easy. So I board the entire morning with Pete, and go join Duke for lunch. The elevator was out so I marched up 7 flights of stairs in board boots to our condo....the first 4 were ok the last 3 kinda brutal. I get to the condo and Duke is walking like the hunch back....he hurt his neck on one of his unintended flips backward and nailed his head and jared his neck. We relax and then go get the kids.
Both boys progressed each day to a higher level, Reid is now skiing down the mountain unassisted, and is so excied to ride the snowmobile train to the top of the runs as they are LIFTLESS at 3-4 yrs in ski school, but he got it and loved it. Dale is amazing. Little man skiied a black on Sunday. Duke asked if the bumps were as big as him and he said No daddy they were as big as YOU. He uses poles now, he has no fear, total control.....AMAZING to watch.
All day Sunday and Monday it snowed HARD....so the drive to Denver on Monday was a little iffy, but again the guardian angels placed a show plow right infront of us all the drive up the pass to the top, I was very grateful and put at ease. We arrived at the airport without issue. Arrived home again w/o issue and made it to regular life again Tuesday. I have a few pics.....but forgot my camera so had to buy disposable and wait for the development......


Tuesday is my Dads 65th Birthday....so happy Bday BEPAW we love you! We call and left the best message in song and all the kids saying I love you Bepaw....awe


Tuesday NIGHT 7:15 I hear Duke arrive home and is BEATING on the door...oops I gave his key to the neighbor to feed the dogs...and they did a great job.....but I failed to get it back.....and I am upstairs bathing the kids.....so as a horrible parent I sprint downstairs and fling open the door and sprint back up to my unattended kids in the tub....no issues there, but Duke walks upstairs and says I have Blog worthy event for you.....I got attacked by a deer. His fore arm is the size of a softaball. Ok he has very muscular fore arms....and there is a half of a softball buldging from below the inside elbow.....and his side is cut and wounded. He starts the story two times only to stop and go get ice and rest. I have to get the kids out of the tub, dry and lotioned up and takea phone call from my brother and finally get to Duke who is laying in a chair downstairs with ice on his arm.....and shirt covered in Buck hair. Only Duke would get attacked by a Deer....but it was a humanatarian effort. Apparently upon leaving a subdivision last night he saw a deer avoid a car and get spooked and try to jump a fence. It failed to clear the fence and was punctured by a post that hung it up infront of its hide leg just behind the belly....so two feet and head on one side.....6 ft fence/ inserted pole and 2 feet on other side. It was making unimaginable noises and Duke and the driver of the other car that spooked it got out and walked over to the buck. Duke reached through the fence grabbed its head and body and lifted as he was stronger than the other guy and the other guy was pulling up from the top of the fence to free the leg.....well it worked and the deer was free....but it wanted gone and fast and in its atempt to run it pushed off of Duke....he being the only solid object it was in contact with....and kicked him in the arm and the side and ran away. So we think he is unbroken....arm is better today just real stiff and side is just SUPER tender but avoided the ribs.....he has promised to go to the Dr if it continues to hurt real badly.......WOW attacked by a DEER...only my hubby.....in a humanitarian effort....what a great guy. Yea he will milk it and yea I will laugh at him....but hopefully the Buck is fine and has a great story to tell his kid and wife.

1 comment:

The Pruetz Family said...

The Macy story still sends shivers down my spine. Have I mentioned how incredibly sorry I am? Oh Lord...I can't believe it started bleeding. I am so glad she is okay. Thank you for not freaking out (like I did). E