Monday, July 16, 2007

one....two....three..... (silence)

What is different in these 2 pictures?
Macy got her ears pierced today at of all places Walmart! I actually did some research and her pediatrician does not pierce ears, Claire's the selection of earring is limited at best, and I did not want a teeny bopper with black lipstick anywhere near this. And Walmart has a HUGE selection of earrings, piercing is free when you buy a set of earrings, and they have the rounded back on the post so there is no chance to poke her little head....which Clair's did not offer and it was done by 2 very nice older women who I am sure pierced their kids and grand kids ears. Best part she did not cry at all. I bought some Orajel...the tooth numbing stuff and put a little on her ear lobes and waited about 10 min's and we did it. We all were geared for the scream and tears and NOTHING.....she just sat and then smiled! The boys both agreed she was super brave and now we can accessorize....well in 6 weeks. She has been asking Daddy for jewelry and earrings for some time, and has tried to put on mine and Daddy finally caved last night to her " Daddy I want earrings, Please" . He was apposed b/c he did not want to ruin her innocence, piercings......getting all tatted up....what next. Ahhh Dukes logic.....nonsense I thought. And then just to prove me wrong we came home and she found a pen and tattooed her self.....guess Daddy was right.....

2 comments:

carolyn said...

macy, they're beauuuuutiful!! :) so fun! i love your new earrings and cannot wait to buy you some myself! :) love y'all! (did the boys get any fun treats at walmart while macy got her ears done?!)

The Pruetz Family said...

Brave little girl! I'm very proud of her...