Monday, July 30, 2007

From a high maintence woman to a maintance man

I WAS living HI on the hog.....the lady of leisure lifestyle and now back to reality. On Friday we tested out our new cleaning lady. She got here at 9:20 and was here until 5:20.....YIKES but man did she ever clean.....windows, blinds, pulled the stove out from the wall and cleaned....and all for a great price so we will keep her and after a few more cleans I will let her in and then go and return.....not comfortable with the key thing. But if you need a cleaning lady...lemme know she wants more homes. So then my leisure continued and Bepaw, came and got the kids and rode off into the sunset like my knight and shining babysitter. So Duke and I then headed off to Fool's Moon in Bandera....tiny little place with great steak and this Portabella mushroom Gorgonzola cream sauce that wow is sooooo goooood. Carolyn your new mission is to perfect this sauce.......I ate my entire steak so fast I physically hurt in a good way, then tried some Dr. pepper chocolate cake.....that was ok, but could have ended with a bowl of the sauce for the steak and been in heaven, but probably would have gotten a few looks....so if you want some great food, unique quaint atmosphere, and supposedly good wine...go Fools Moon Bandera on Main St......dinner only on Friday nights....

So then after dinner we went to see Evan Allmighty.....SHEEEP....cute movie but could wait for the rental. Then Saturday I was really high maintenance and went to La Cantera Spa and had a body polish and massage, facial, and French pedicure. AHHH so very nice and relaxing, and not that I am a spa connoisseur but I think I like the Hyatt Hill Country Resort Spa better only for layout but the massage here was better and softer at La Cantera....I am NOT a Deep tissue person I am naturally tight and knotty so for a masseuse to not work it all out is apparently very hard to resist and I usually end up sore but not here. So after my day of beauty I return home, and Duke was ending his day of pampering. His Jeep got new shoes....and really big ones too, so he took the top off the jeep and we went for a ride and it was lots of fun. Then grabbed a burger at Fuddruckers and saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3. A little long and I told Duke that the marriage during a battle was a bit much and he retorted but the fish people, now that is reality.....tooo shea....good movie none the less.

Sunday we awoke to the rain after 2 days of sun.....and headed to Kerrville to get the kids. So they come home with goodies from my parents recent trip to abroad and movies from Hastings and Mc Donalds toys......and the water guns Grandma bought stay there but apparently were awesome for water fights....so the brood is TIRED but so happy to have been there for the weekend. So we get back and I mowed the lawn and weed eated, taking advantage of a clear sky and ....b/c nothing is better for a new $65 dollar pedicure than weed eating.....and then we installed my new washer/dryer combo. Duke took the kids for a ride in the Jeep and Macy made it all the way back and crashed out at the top of the street too tired to continue, so Duke rigged up a fan in the garage to blow directly on her so she could sleep a bit, and I woke her up to eat dinner. So late Sunday night after baths I decide to try it out the machine.....on the spin cycle it was walking across the floor.....and on the dry it was really freaking hot .....like clothes steaming, side of the machine burning your hand HOT. So I called this morning and turns out there is a metal panel on the back of the washer that is for TRANSPORTATION only and needs to be removed BEFORE use......ahhh....so for the last hour I took out 4 screws.....the first 2 out with a little work, 3rd needed a few choice words to entice it out. Now the 4th, well it is still there, I have used all my choice words....twice at least and done a pretty good job at stripping the stupid thing out. So I tried channel locks....various screwdrivers and come to the realization I am a crappy maintenance man...out witted by a screw send me back to the spa! So I will let you know if you install the maching right, if it works then...... Also we finally got a new camera, the old one was having some screen issues so here are some pics off the new one.



Macy all tuckerd out in the Jeep with a fan on her. Daddys little Jeep princess

My little maintenance kidsTopless with big.....tires.....the JEEP people ....get your mind out of the gutter!The only visible proof I was pampered this weekend!

No comments: