Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ohhhh-wwweee Dat rite der is a BEAUT

We have had over our entire annual rainfall in the last 2 months....and my yard is a swamp and it really does not help matters that I am a total idiot and since we transfered the stuff from the storage unit to controls to the sprinkler system have been covered and out of sight out of mind I guess, so I have been watering my lawn 3 times a week.....yep IDIOT. I realized it the other day when I went out to check our white trash pool and the yard was wet.....but oddly it had not rained YET that day and it dawned on me. Then in check the pool saw that Duke did not close the drain right so there was a slow steedy drip out of the bottom of the pool, all of these items alone would be not worth mentioning but all of the damn things togeather equal a SWAMP and apparently I am the main toorist attraction for all the visiting mosquitos in the San Antonio area. Side note I had to drain my Chiminea that was FULL of water, and I think we have taken like 7-8 gallons of water out of the tad-pole-pond.....did I mention we joined redneck club.....tadpole ponds and above ground pools are required and the quick-crete retaining wall well that was the initiation. I feel like I need to elaborate. My dad started the tadpoles....in his "Water feature" he has been overrun and scoops out the little swimmers and no longer allows them to Swim with the fishes....they get to flop in the trash can....Dale SHOCKED said they are living creatures you can't do that and ONE came home....then that was cool and then MORE came and MORE.....they have played catch and release, Macy dyed their water with markers...non toxic ones and only one croaked, they scoop them into other buckets and some have paid the price and fallen through the cracks on the deck but alot have made full frog status.....you would think my mosquito problem would be less. Then clarify the pool.....I got it on a whim, Dale was trying to swim at the neighbors and they honestly could not hear him calling at the gate...."IS it a good time for me to swim", "can you come to the gate please"....seariously for like 10 mins and he is crying and pleading that "he will not give up hope, Zachary invited him".....and our neighbors open their pool to all, so I know it was just circumstance of waterfall, and radio..... so he comes home crushed and I said get in the car and we got the pool. Which is awesome, 8 ft by 2 ft, just the right depth, can swim, but no real worries, yet large enough for all of us to cool off. Ok well my yard is literally at a HUGE angle....very very steep. So the pool was off even with my valient leveling job....but that job placed the pool in the middle of the play area....bummer.....so Duke vents that he IS NOT going to dig a flat spot for 2000, for a 50 dollar pool....and it would ruin the yard and sprinkler system.....this is the WORST time of year.....yadda yadda.....so one night I say what about the quick crete bags people use on the banks of the river...hey that might work....so he researches it and wha-la about 60 bags later we have a 9 ft level pad for a pool. So the pool is up, full, flat and clorinated and filtered....and kinda hidden on the side yard so not Total trashy but don't tell the club....they might make me get a mullett. But it serves its purpose!


Forth of July was a rain out. We had a nice gathereing on the 3rd with our neighbors and then lit of a few things on the 4th here again with the neighbors. It was fun, mildly uneventful Dale got burned on his hand by a flying random firework and a neighbor singed his shorts on another, but we saw stuff blow up so it was good. Reid LOVED the sparklers and Macy liked them too. Dale was hiding in the back of the truck with a couple other neighbors being goofy. Macy wore her 4th dress.....good times.


Also Dale went Ice Skating and although I do not think Ice Hockey is in his future he did ok.....took a few really hard spills but got up and pushed on. GO DALE!
Reid in taking Swim Lessons at the neighbors pool with her neice and loves it....my goal of getting him swimming by Maui might just happen!

Macy is in a state of nakedness latley and is potty training and doing REALLY REALLY good....the school said no moves until august so she will HAVE to stay in Becky and Kathys room...YEA!.....uh I mean darn.....

The final funny thing was that the other day I did some yard work and trimmed a bunch of shrubs and asked Reid to help me pick up the branchs.....my genius said "ok "got his gator out took his sister drove over to the piles loaded them in the gator bed, took them to the drive way, dumped then and did another trip and another..... SO funny Macy was his helper and in her panties....but hey Good help IS hard to find and when you throw the stipulation of clothing you are really limiting yourself. I laughed so hard at my little manual laborers....even Dale came out and helped....Reid was like Tom Sawyer making work fun so others would help him....SMART!



No comments: