Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend recap

So today is the down hill slide of the weekend.....ahhh. I love the whole family just laying around watching TV and hanging out. It is my refill time to recoop.
So this weekend was a great one minus the rain on friday and saturday....my back yard is a mud slide....it is so gross and mushy but thanks to our neighbors power washer the flagstone is minus the layer of dirt and mold and ick that has been fermenting with all the rain, mud, shade....I had no idea it was as gross as it was.....eeeeeww and I had a couple other moments this weekend that had the very emotion come out of me.....After I mowed and weed eated ....I did ....Duke and I got me a weed eater I can do that is light and easy to start, so I have lawn duty now....and I kinda like it, I am with power tools so that means NO KIDS for 30 mins, any way, I decided power washing was a deacent idea to clean the drive.....well I had no idea it was as nasty as it was in spots it was BLACK.....no joke, HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE! So 4 hours, 3 tanks of gas later my drive is white again and ready to be grubbied up by tires and such. Which took not time at all and the mini bike left a skid mark on the drive just moments ago....oh the pain but oh well. The SUPER DUPER GRODY Award goes to the washing machine! I was doing laundry on friday and noticed the rim of the washer was a little yucky and had some liquid fabric softener on it so I started the next load and begain to use a towel to wipe it up.....no biggie....then the bleach bin....and the lid....then in wiping what I thought was the final wipe on the inner rim....my hand hit an alien mass.....gooey and gross and green.....but very fragrant....upon closer inspection the ENTIRE inner rim was a good inch deep of the goo.....purple and green in color and like a gel, but smelled great.....it was fabric softener that never made it to the wash....this washer is the old school top load and the thing in the middle allows you to pour in fabric softener and it will do it for you, sucking it down the middle and pumping it out the top at the appropriate time....well it is not as efficent as I would like and kinda pools and sits and becomes goo..... I had no idea....and wow I went OCD on the thing until it was clean and tossed the towel I started with as well as an entire roll to paper towels. WOW so gross and I will think twice before I dump my downy in there again!

I also saw my old college sorority sister and roommate this weekend at her baby shower....she is having TWINS and is SOOOO tiny still and cute, she has the height on her side at 5 11 so she has room and is 24 weeks and each baby is allready 1 lb each! I predict she will have one of those pregnancies that people will envy....pregnancy agrees with Patti, she is glowing and beautiful. It was so good to see her and way too long in coming, I will have to do better.

In other news there is not much to report, Dale has been glued to the computer and the nick jr games.....Reid is really close to grasping the swimming consept and LOVES his teacher....my neighbors neice....which is HUGE for Reid and the lessons are my neighbors pool which is so convient and comfortable for him and me. Macy is a goof ball....but so dang cute she can get away with anything. Duke is great too he has been working on his Jeep lots and it has a new lift on it and some other stuff I either have really forgotten or have chosen to forget to get the total cost out of my head....but I will admit it looks COOL really cool...and he deserves it he has been working really hard. Ok well I am off to wash the stink off my body and call it a night... too bad my kids are not ready to do the same.

No comments: