Thursday, October 19, 2006

3 yr olds and Lysol = BAD COMBO

Greetings to all…..this morning began as most in our house. Reid wakes up, goes to the bathroom, and then slams the toilet seat down, runs back to his room and yells “it’s wake up time DALE ….GET UP!” Turns on the lights and gets dressed, Dale drags out of bed and soon we all end up in the kitchen. School is out today for Columbus Day so Dale gets to stay home, no big plans. Put away the mountains of laundry that I have been washing, tidy a bit, SCRUB my knuckles raw extracting Lysol spray from all four sides of a finished pool table…...and contemplate how to get my 3 yr old to understand YOU CAN”T SPRAY THAT THERE!!!!!

Picture it, my kitchen, sink full of bubbles, water running, I am washing up sippy cups, cleaning up breakfast remains, water is shut off and I hear an aersol spray can….. “Reid what are you doing?” “I’m cleaning Mommy.” “Reid you don’t get spray cans.” I say as I walk to the game room…..THE HORROR is seen….I scream “REID NO” “ I’m sorry Mommy, I’m sorry” “Go to your room, and do not MOVE!” Reid is gone and crying, I am left with a pool table that was a beautiful Mahogany color that now looks like it has been spray painted WHITE! Apparently Lysol is not good for finished wood. So I sit, stare, cry a bit, and think what do I do? All 4 sides are sprayed…..I figured I have nothing to loose, so I break out the Mr. clean Majic erase sponges and start to scrub and to my amazement 99% of it came up. If you look closely you can see a little fog of spray, but compared to the prior sight looks like new.

So Reid has been spared for the day, has realized that the next time he touches a spray can will be too soon, and said “I will not do that ever again.” On one hand I do not want to dampen his spirit b/c he really thought he was doing a good thing, and has in the past seen me spray pledge on wood and wipe it up, and I can only assume that was his intention here, but knows that spray cans are only for me and Daddy. So now all the air fresheners in our home are under lock and key! And thank goodness for MR Clean Magic Erasers!

Heres to a better afternoon!

No comments: