Thursday, October 19, 2006

What is that?

A couple of days ago I was doing laundry.....and I heard a noise. Who put a shoe in the dryer? I thought to myself. I actually went and looked 2 times in the load drying and saw nothing and the third time I pulled every piece of laundry out. Man those jeans were heavy I thought....wait what is that....OH CRAP, my cell phone that had been MIA for a day was in the pocket freshly laundered and all shiny and foggy! Dukes reply was " well that is one way to get a blackberry." Which is the phone I would love to have but can't justify the need. What now? Ok Duke continues, "take out the battery, rinse it in clean water and let it dry." I have a puzzled look on my face....."Add more water?" "Ok then don't, what do you have to loose." So under the faucet it goes, and then under a fan. Next day....I have one fried, wet, now dried phone. I got insurance on the phone because it was Dukes initially, and he has in the past had a phone throwing contest to see who paied for lunch, so insurance seemed smart. Well it paid off for me too. I went to the dealer, and the tech says looks like it has water damage. Oh I say, thinking he will say you are screwed. But he says call this number and they will overnight you a new phone. Done and done...$50 deductable later and my phone should be here today. And I have to wait 2 months to upgrade to a different phone as per our contract, so I guess that is God's way of saying, "Susan, you may not have a blackberry!"

No comments: