Thursday, January 11, 2007

Murphy is mad

Well I must have upset Murphy and his law b/c after all too many months with nothing happening with Doctors we are back to fullfilling our copay. Reids visit to the Urgent Care Clinic last Friday, Dale to the Ped. today and Duke has a colonoscopy scheduled for Feb.

I covered Reids drama and he is Fine and dandy and back to Reid and was that night. Dale has had a couple wounds on his knee and I found them after they had sat for a couple days unnoticed. They were super UGLY....filled with puss and yucky well after several days of "operating" as Dale calls it his left knee looked fair. But 2 days ago at the bath I saw the other leg that he had not hurt at all and mysteriously there was a sore there...and last night it was UGLY so we operated and left it at that. Today at breakfast I noticed a little sore on his wrist too but it looked kinda exzema-ish. I got a call from the school nurse saying that he was sent by his teacher to have her look at it after Dale was showing off his war wounds in class. They suggested to have it checked by a Dr. which I felt was necessary as well and as in the process of getting a dermatologist refreall from the pedatrician....so I called and we got in late this morning and he has a MRSA Staph Infection...which apparently is the kind resistant to meds so he is on a super yucky one 3 times a day and they drained one sore and sent it off to the lab and results are to come soon. Initially, I thought go figures and then remembered that people have died from Staph infections and although I do not think it is that severe hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Dukes procedure was actually his 35th Birthday gift that he never accepted and now has no other choice but to get it. As much as he does NOT want it I want to make sure he is around long enough to bug me until we are really really old and synical.

Ok I just have to share that right now Reid is Chasing Macy who has a pillow in her mouth and is laughing so hard that she can hardly breath. And I have Star Wars III on for Dale and I think it is so loud that the neighbors can appreciate every battle too....MY Vida Loca....or as Dale calls it my visa loga.

No comments: