Friday, January 19, 2007

New Mantra

So what is worse than being house bound for 3 days due to ice and snow? Being house bound for another 3 days right after the aforementioned ice days with 3 kids with Strep Throat!
Yep all 3...well turned out Dales knee is not staph it is Strep....and when Macy busted out in a rash and refused to sleep one night, I took her to the pediatrician the next day and kinda felt like an over-reactive parent. Minor rash, but no itching, no fever, no real fussing, no couch or congestion...but did it anyway and sure enough, Strep.....and then picked up Reid from preschool and his teacher said "he said his throat hurts" "well if course it does b/c he has Strep!" It is a good thing I know the teachers well and better that the high ups in the preschool find me somewhat desirable as a staff member and have a sense of humor. So with a RX for all 3 we are now stuck here at home for the next 48 hrs....and then guess what.....the weather for Tuesday is sleet, rain, ice and freezing temps....so if we tack on another house bound scenario to the plot they had better start putting Prozac in the water....or at least mine. I remember as a kid being SO excited for bad weather days and thinking WHY is my mom sighing and have that look of agony on her face....now I know. All in all I will take my lumps and be thankful that at least it will all be done in one swoop and that I have the means to give them Dr. care and medicine to fix it. yea...keep saying that...it could be worse.....it could be worse....new mantra!

No comments: