Saturday, January 27, 2007

BB and BB Ball

Last saturday as we ran around Duke said " I was offered Rodeo Gala tickets, but I turned them down" "WHAT, WHY?" "They are for tonight, I did not think we could get a sitter that quick" "Yea I could....I could have tried, Never say no, if we can't use them maybe someone else can!"

So on Tuesday, after I spent all afternoon in the JP Court office, with my phone off as per one of the court rules, getting my speeding ticket paid and dropped....I had 8 calls from Duke. I call back and he says "you wanna see BB King?" "who" "BB KING" "No not really" "Great I get in trouble for saying no and now I am introuble for saying Yes, my Mom is driving down with tickets." "What?" So he explains Sams boss had tickets, can't use them , gave them to Sam b/c he knew she had family in SA and she was driving down to keep the kids. So we tried several people to join us and none could make it, so Duke and I went. It was really good, the tickets were great seats in the 2nd row, it was sold out, a comedian opened and he was REALLY funny and BB was great too.....81 and entertaining for 60 years! His band was amazing and so talanted, I wished my Dad could have come b/c he would have really enjoyed the playing as a music muse. BB is very funny, and has somewhat of a strange following, but we enjoyed it.

Then on Thusday we took the kids to the AT&T center to see the Harlem Globetrotters and had first row tickets. I was a little peeved that our first row tickets were actually the 2nd row, yea someone explain that to me.....and it was not to press it, they were spectators in a row of chairs exactly like ours? But it was great and funny and we all had outfits to wear in red, white, and blue and the kids looked super cute. We got an autograph from a player too. Macy fell through the folding seat, ripped out her hair and bow, took off her socks and shoes, and for a little while looked like frankenstien. Dale spilled the popcorn and he and Reid argued over the sprite and ate a bag of gummy bears, Macy just stuck hers to everything. They were very good and the playing was funny and we all had a good time.

So now that it is Saturday, I feel like we have had a full weekend allready, but it has just begun. Me, Reid, Macy and my folks are going to Albama next week to see my Dad pin on Major to my brother in the USAF. Dale and Duke are going to stay here and go to the movies, gattis, rent some new playstation games...Dale is so excited now he keeps asking when we leave so they can start doing that stuff. So much for him being bummed, that is good though and Duke is happy to have someone stay with him.

ok here are a few globetrotter shots.....


No comments: